HOME  |  The Authority  |   Admin Profiles  |   Career   |   Sports Laws  |   Contact Us  |   AAG-2015  |  

 |  Monday, 24-April-2017

Athletics  |  Badminton  |  Baseball/Softball  |  Beach Sports  |  Boxing (Amateur)  |  Boxing (Professional)  |  Chess  |  Cricket  |  Cycling  |  Disabled Sports  |  Football  |  Golf  |  GTF Club League   |  Judo  |  Karate-Do  |  Kick Boxing  |  Netball  |  Ocean Racing   |  Rugby  |  Scrabbles  |  Special Olympics  |  Table Tennis  |  Taekwondo  |  Tennis  |  Volleyball  |  Weight Lifting  |  
All Sporting Disciplines Multimedia Room Press & Features
   More Links
Message Of Encouragement To Black Stars From National Sports Authority
Press Release -Media Accreditation-Black Stars Vrs Os Mambas Of Mozambique
Ghana Weightlifting Federation revises its constitution
Media Acreditation-Black Stars Vrs Les Coelecants Of Comoros
Nsa Consoles Samuel Anim Family
Bombers in good shape for AAG – Coach Asare
Athletes advised to concentrate on laurels not money
DPSI Student wins National Junior Open Chess Competition
International Games Committee inaugurated
McDan Open 2015 Results: Final Scores, Updated Bracket and More for Day 4

General News >>
NSA not selling facilities – Joe Kpenge

Director-General of the National Sports Authority (NSA), Mr Joe Kpenge, has stated that the NSA’s move for Public Private Partnership (PPP) is not to sell state facilities at the various national stadia.

 

 

He said the PPP is meant to give a facelift to the various facilities which the NSA cannot maintain due to inadequate funding.

 

He explained this during a press conference held at the Accra Sports Stadium yesterday to explain their stands on the PPP.

 

Mr Kpenge said the move will cater for facilities at the Accra Sports Stadium, the National Hockey Stadium and the Baba Yara Sports Stadium in Kumasi for the initial stages.


He mentioned that the specific facilities that the move will look out for are the; football pitch, artificial turf at the hockey pitch, tennis court, office spaces, hostel, stores, car parks and the open spaces.


He said the prospective partners will be expected to use modern method of technology to maximize the use of the facilities and also inject profit to get the needed funds.


He added that the move is also to enhance revenue generation and keep the facilities in the best position to attract prospective clients.


The former head of the National Sports College said the Internal Generated Fund (IGF) which is perceived by the public as a source of funding does not hold because their share of the cake is nothing to write home about.


He noted that until his assumption of office, the NSA was receiving 15% of gate proceeds of national team matches but has been increased to 20% while the remaining 80% goes to the Ministry of Youth and Sports (MoYS).


He added that on hiring of the stadia for activities, the NSA retains 40% while the remaining funds go to Ministry of Finance.


He also debunked the views of the public that the move will hinder the development of sports in the country saying “this will be a negotiated effort and will give room for proper planning and efficiency on the part of the Sports Associations”.


Although the NSA has already opened for interested bodies to send applications, no applicant has tendered in any interest as at yesterday while deadline for application is Monday, December 22, 2014.


He said the NSA will look at the track record of the applicants and their ability to manage the stadia and other sports facilities.
 

   QUICK LINKS

CAL Beach Soccer League....

Unity Games News....

AAG-2015....

Announcements....

Discipline News....

Features....

General News....

Latest Events....

Photo News....

Press Release....

Results & Reports....

Tournaments Draws....

HOME  |  2011 Unity Games  |   Achievements  |   Regional Heads  |   Sports Men & Women  |   Sport Professionals  |   CAL Beach Soccer  |  
Sports Professionals
Coaches (7)
Umpires (0)
Referees (0)
Announcers (2)
Commentators (0)
Sports Journalists (1)
Trainers (1)
Boxers (2)
Footballers (2)
Athletes (10)
Stars of Yester-Years
1957 - 1970 (0)
1980 - 2011 (7)
All rights reserved . © 2009 - 2017. National Sports Authority (NSA). Powered by DOTHOUSE