HOME  |  The Authority  |   Admin Profiles  |   Career   |   Sports Laws  |   Contact Us  |   AAG-2015  |  

 |  Sunday, 30-April-2017

Athletics  |  Badminton  |  Baseball/Softball  |  Beach Sports  |  Boxing (Amateur)  |  Boxing (Professional)  |  Chess  |  Cricket  |  Cycling  |  Disabled Sports  |  Football  |  Golf  |  GTF Club League   |  Judo  |  Karate-Do  |  Kick Boxing  |  Netball  |  Ocean Racing   |  Rugby  |  Scrabbles  |  Special Olympics  |  Table Tennis  |  Taekwondo  |  Tennis  |  Volleyball  |  Weight Lifting  |  
All Sporting Disciplines Multimedia Room Press & Features
   More Links
Message Of Encouragement To Black Stars From National Sports Authority
Press Release -Media Accreditation-Black Stars Vrs Os Mambas Of Mozambique
Ghana Weightlifting Federation revises its constitution
Media Acreditation-Black Stars Vrs Les Coelecants Of Comoros
Nsa Consoles Samuel Anim Family
Bombers in good shape for AAG – Coach Asare
Athletes advised to concentrate on laurels not money
DPSI Student wins National Junior Open Chess Competition
International Games Committee inaugurated
McDan Open 2015 Results: Final Scores, Updated Bracket and More for Day 4

General News >> Hockey
Hockey Clubs Ready For Africa Championship

Clubs representing Ghana in this year’s African Cup of Club Championships (ACCC) in Zimbabwe have noted that they are readily prepared and ready to participate in the upcoming championship next month. The competition will be held from December 1 to December 8, 2012 at the Khumalo Hockey Stadium in Bulawayo, Zimbabwe.

 

 

Participating countries  in the competition are; South Africa, Egypt, Ghana, Kenya, Namibia and Zambia.Ghana will be represented by Goldensticks of the Ghana Commercial Bank (GCB), Trustees of the Social Security and National Insurance Trust (SSNIT), Reformers Ladies from the Ghana Prisons Service and the Ladies team of the Customs Excise and Preventive Service (CEPS).

 


Speaking on their preparations for the competition, the team manager for Goldensticks, Albert Ofori, said the team has been training for quite some time now and they are going into the tournament to make an impact.

 


He added that the players are in good shape and the technical team are also preparing them both mentally and physically to face their opponents.

 


Mr. Ofori added that about 75 per cent of the current players participated in last year’s championship therefore the team has more experienced players to perform credible in the tournament.

 


Head coach of Trustees, Mr. Edmund Aryeety, also said his side has a brighter chance of winning the championship because the team is made of national players.

 


He explained that about 60 per cent of the team took part in the just ended Africa Hockey Junior Championship in South Africa while the remaining 40 per cent also play for the senior national team.
Coach Aryeetey who is also the head coach of the national U 21 male hockey team said he has learnt a lot from the just ended tournament and will use that experience to make his team a strong side.

 


 Reformers Ladies Coach, Ramatu Osumanu, also noted that her team  is in a very good shape with no injuries in camp adding that preparations for the tournament in terms of sponsorship is not complete but was certain that the team will surely participate in the championship.

 


Coach Boakye Yiadom of CEPS Ladies was also optimistic that his ladies will do well in the championship and make the country proud.

   QUICK LINKS

CAL Beach Soccer League....

Unity Games News....

AAG-2015....

Announcements....

Discipline News....

Features....

General News....

Latest Events....

Photo News....

Press Release....

Results & Reports....

Tournaments Draws....

HOME  |  2011 Unity Games  |   Achievements  |   Regional Heads  |   Sports Men & Women  |   Sport Professionals  |   CAL Beach Soccer  |  
Sports Professionals
Coaches (7)
Umpires (0)
Referees (0)
Announcers (2)
Commentators (0)
Sports Journalists (1)
Trainers (1)
Boxers (2)
Footballers (2)
Athletes (10)
Stars of Yester-Years
1957 - 1970 (0)
1980 - 2011 (7)
All rights reserved . © 2009 - 2017. National Sports Authority (NSA). Powered by DOTHOUSE