The Loopers’ 7 Gold medals were won in the following divisions:
- Cadet Boys Singles, by Isaac Davies at a 3-1 score against Ali Kante Junior (La Cote D’ivoire)
- Junior Boys Singles, by Samuel Akayade over Koussi Aunge
(La Cote D’ivoire) on a 3-0 win
- Senior Boys Singles, by Derek Abrefa with 4-1 victory against Oba Cedrick(La Cote D’ivoire)
- Cadet Boys Team of Isaac Davies and Desmond Nketia on a 3-0 win over Houdji Winner and Ali Kante(La Cote D’ivoire)
- Junior Boys Team of Samuel Akayade and Mawutor Quarcoo on a 3-1 win against Kouassi Aunge and Akele Thomas(La Cote D’ivoire)
- Junior Girls Team of Celia Baah Danso and Cynthia Kwabi on a 3-2 victory against Hounge Lea and Dongo Rosine(La Cote D’ivoire)
- Senior Boys Team of Derek Abrefa and Felix Lartey with a 3-0 win over Oba Cedric and Kouakou Coba(La Cote D’ivoire)
In all, Ghana won 7 Gold, 1 Silver and 4 Bronze medals in the International Friendly Tournament.
La Cote D’ivoire went home with 1 Gold and 7 Silver medals.
The International Friendly which was co-sponsored by Sqn. Idr. Ebo Bartels (GTTA Chairman),Cote D’ivoire Table Tennis Federation and the National Sports Council was highly rated by all invited guests and the National Sports Council Chief Executive Officer, Mr. Wolanyo K. Agra who was a special guest at the tournament. Cote D’ivoire contingent have since left for home.
To sustain the gains so far made on the table tennis front, the Ghana Table Tennis Association humbly appeals for cash and kind support from private companies, co-operate bodies and individual philanthropists.
All cash and kind support can be channelled through the GTTA Secretariat via:
TEL: +233-244-819096, +233-243-234919
Meanwhile, the general public and the media are respectfully invited to witness this weekend’s training camp matches at the D.G Hathiramani Sports Hall of the Ohene Djan Sports Stadium from Friday, 12th – Sunday, 14th March, 2010, 10 am – 6 pm each day