The Course is aimed at training officiating officials and updating their knowledge on the modern trend of officiating Badminton events, as well as prepare them for the forth coming National Sports Festival scheduled for June this year.
18 persons have been invited across the country to attend the course, which would be conducted by 3 local coaches – Dr. K.A. Asamoah – UCC, Messrs. Frank Shamo and J.E. Wilson from Accra and Takoradi respectively.
The participants are:
NO. NAME LOCATION DESIGNATION
1. NOELLE BOATENG GH. EDUCATION SERVICE
2. P.T.C. NYAUEDZIE GH. EDUCATION SERVICE
3. ADJEI A. SOWAH TEMA
4. GODWILL NTARMAH TAKORADI
5. ANTHONY ESHUN TAKORADI
6. FREDERICK BONSI SUHUM
7. MARTIN OWUSU KOKORIDUA
8. JEFF LOTSU DORM HO
9. TWUM-AMPOFO BOATENG ACCRA
10. CHRISTIAN AKPOTOSU-NARTEY GH. PRISONS SERVICE
11. ALEX GAMDA OLGA (UPPER EAST)
12. PHILLIP BAAH UNIVERISITY OF EDUCATION
13. MAHANAH KOJO CAPE COAST
14. JULIUS BODI NYERE NORTHERN REGION
15. FRANCIS BENTUM ASHANTI REGION
16. FRANCIS NKETIAH NKROFO WESTERN REGION
17. ERNEST SAKYI HO
18. SOLOMON MENSAH NYARKO CAPTAIN (SNR. NATIONAL TEAM)
The course will cover the following areas:
• Laws of Badminton
• Organization of events, i.e. Draws, Preparation of Round Robin Fixtures
• Duties of Umpires and Hand-Signals
• Functions of Line Judges
• Misconduct Towards Match Officials and
• Penalties of Misconduct as well as Practicals
All participants are expected to arrive in Accra on Tuesday, 12th April, 2011 at 4:30 pm and report to the Badminton Secretariat at the Accra Sports Stadium.
The programme is being sponsored / financed by the National Sports Council.